Policy last revised: May 18, 2021
REGISTRATION DATA; ACCOUNT SECURITY
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration, sign-up, contact, or other forms within the Service ("Registration Data"); (b) be responsible for the security of any password, email, log-in, or identification you use in connection with the Service; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Company, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of the Service and actions using your password, email, log-in or identification. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your password, email, log-in, or identity or any other breach of security.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
RECREATIONAL BOATING & FISHING FOUNDATION, TAKE ME FISHING, VAMOS A PESCAR, ANGLERS' LEGACY, other Company names, and the accompanying logos and designs, all product names, and all page headers, custom graphics, and button icons contained on this Site are service marks, trademarks, trade names and/or trade dress of Company. All other trademarks, service marks and companies' names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. These elements of the Site and Service are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part and may not be used with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. No logo, graphic, sound, or image from the Site may be copied or retransmitted, in whole or in part, unless expressly permitted by Company.
All Site design, text, titles, characters, names, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof are property of Company and its affiliated companies or licensors. To reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or publicly display material from this Site, you will need written permission from Company. Users may view and download material from this site only for personal, non-commercial home use. All rights reserved.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN SITE CONTENT; LIMITED LICENSE
You are solely responsible for any content, including but not limited to messages, notes, text, information, data, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on or through the Service or the Site, or transmit to or share with other users (collectively the "User Content"). By submitting User Content through the Service or Site, you automatically grant, the Company a royalty-free, fully-paid, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sublicense, distribute, transmit, perform, and display such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such User Content or information. You also acknowledge that such submissions of User Content are non-confidential for all purposes. We are pleased to provide you this means through which you can share information and collaborate with others. However, in posting User Content, you make the representations and warranties set forth below and you agree to comply with the following requirements, or risk having your User Content removed without advance notice by the Company and your user account deleted or rights restricted.
- You shall not make libelous, defamatory, harassing or abusive statements, including the "stalking" of other users.
- You shall not post User Content comprising personal attacks or threats against other users or individuals.
- You shall not submit the personally identifiable information, images or other likenesses of other persons without their consent.
- You shall not post User Content that comprises attacks on individuals or groups based on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, or any other classification.
- You shall not post User Content that is obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit. This prohibition includes the use of abbreviations, asterisks, or other shorthand to communicate such obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit User Content.
- You agree that use of the Company Service or Sites is strictly for the Company’s stated purposes and not for commercial product promotions, the transmission of spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or fraudulent or deceptive messages.
- You shall not post statements or materials that, in the Company's sole judgment, may endanger or otherwise affect the Company's tax-exempt status, including but not limited to content on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office, and content that contains propaganda or that otherwise attempts to influence legislation.
- You shall not post material which could result in the infringement of any third party intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to, trademark and copyright, in all User Content that you submit to Company Sites, and that you have secured all third-party consents, licenses, waivers and permissions necessary to submit such User Content.
- You represent and warrant that the User Content submitted by you will not infringe upon or misappropriate any rights of others, including, without limitation, any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights or any other proprietary rights of third parties.
- You represent and warrant that the User Content submitted by you will not encourage criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- If you believe that any User Content on any Company site infringes upon any copyright, trademarks, or trade secrets that you own, please contact Company at: email@example.com.
You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may refuse, delete, or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, at any time, with or without prior notice or explanation and without liability, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or should be taken down. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post on the Site or provide to the Company.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Site or the Service ("Submissions"), provided by you to Company are nonconfidential and shall become the sole property of Company. Company shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
You understand that except for advertising programs offered by us on the Site, the Service and the Site are available for your personal, non-commercial use only, and you agree not to use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service or Site for commercial activities or sales. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or Service. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes a burden or load on our infrastructure that the Company deems in its sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate to the benefits the Company obtains from your use of the Site and/or Service.
You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted, posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner, in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including any applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, tortious, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, lewd, excessively violent, sexually explicit, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity (including as a Company official, forum leader, guide, or host) or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party; upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers or any information that creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- solicit or disclose personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit or use passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate, harass, or stalk another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or Service or servers or networks connected to the Site or Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Service;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service or the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AND CONTENT
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site or the Service) links to other Web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, video, information and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Content"). Company has no control over and is not responsible in any way for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on or available through the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Sites or the Third-Party Content. Such Third Party Sites are not necessarily investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by the Company. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use of any Third-Party Site or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by Company. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third-Party Sites or to use or rely on any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
The Site may contain or have links to advertisements or promotions from third parties. The appearance on the Site of or links to advertisers, sponsors, or promoters does not constitute an endorsement by Company of such sites, organizations, or their products and services, and Company has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser, promoter, or sponsor. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Company are subject to change. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, sponsors or advertisers found on or through the Site or Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers, promoters, or sponsors on the Site or Service.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service or the Site. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
DISCLAIMERS REGARDING CONTENT AND USE
The Company is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third-Party Content posted on the Site or in connection with the Service. Although we provide rules for user conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what users post, transmit or share on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third-Party Content. The Company assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content or Third-Party Content.
The Company is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site or Service. The Company is also not responsible or liable in any manner for the accuracy of any other Site Content. While Company attempts to ensure that Site Content is accurate and current, much of the information contained on the Site is obtained either from public sources or is Third Party Content or User content. Information about entities or events does not imply that Company supports or endorses the entity or event or has knowledge about their quality. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation there with, by Company.
Company is not liable for any inconvenience or loss that you may incur by relying on information provided on this Site or Service. We strongly recommend that you check with the entity prior to visiting or using the entity's services or facilities. We also encourage you to perform the normal due diligence prior to contemplating any expenditure or purchase, as you would with any other consumer transaction.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Site Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Site Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Site Content created by Company or submitted to Company in all parts of the Site or Service.
If you find that the information on the Site or Service is inaccurate, misleading, or out of date, please let us know that by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom of every page on the site. We will look into your complaint and take appropriate action. Of course, if you find that an entity provides an exceptional experience or service, we would appreciate having that feedback as well.
The views and conclusions contained in this Web site are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of the U.S. Government. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute their endorsement by the U.S. Government.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE. COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS. COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE OR THE SERVICE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE OR SERVICE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT, MATERIAL OR DATA FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE THEREOF AND ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER HARM OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL COMPANY OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS, OR ANY OF THE SITE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON, ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE, BUT IN NO CASE WILL THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $100. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO FEES ARE PAID TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM COMPANY, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Site or Service any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent set forth below.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING RBFF THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, REPORTS OF EMAIL ABUSE, AND PIRACY REPORTS, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Frank Peterson, Jr.
President & CEO
Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation
500 Montgomery St., Suite 300
Alexandria, VA 22314
FAX: (703) 519-9565
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information as outlined above:
- Company shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Company shall forward the written notification to any user alleged to have violated another’s intellectual property rights ("Subscriber");
- Company shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
Counter Notification: Company is not liable to Subscriber for removal or disabling the material. If Subscriber believes that the removal or disabling was in error, Subscriber must provide Company with a counter-notification to have the materials replaced. To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to Company's Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The Subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Service Provider may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined above:
- Company shall promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- Company shall inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten(10) business days; Company shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Service Provider's Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Service Provider's network or system.
REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY
In accordance with applicable laws, Company has adopted a policy to take reasonable steps within our power to terminate, in appropriate circumstances and at Company's sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat copyright infringers. Company may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. The Company may terminate your use and any content or information that you have posted on the Service or the Site or through any Platform Application and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Service or the Site or any Platform Application (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Service or the Site or any Platform Application) for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including if it believes that you are under 18. Even after termination, the terms of this Agreement remain in effect.
AVAILABILITY OF, MODIFICATIONS TO, OR TERMINATION OF SERVICE
The Site and the Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. The Company is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, failure of email or wireless service on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to User's or to any other person's computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software, related to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service, any User Content or Third-Party Content posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between users of the Site, whether online or offline.
The Company may in its sole discretion and at any time change any and all content, software and other items used or contained in the Site and the Service and Platform Applications offered through the Site at any time without notice. The Company may in its sole discretion and at any time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, providing the Site, the Service, the Platform Application, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that Company may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Site and Service, including the maximum number of days that comments, postings or other uploaded User Content will be retained by Company, the maximum number of comments that may be made on the Site or by the same user, the maximum size of any postings, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Site and/or Service in a given period of time. You agree that Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any comments, information, listings and other communications or other User Content maintained or transmitted by the Site. You further acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
CHARITABLE PURPOSES: NO ELECTIONEERING
The Web site, Service, and other resources of RBFF are intended to be used exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. By using the Web site, Services, or accessing RBFF resources, the User agrees not to use the Web site, Services, or any other RBFF resources for purposes inconsistent with RBFF’s charitable and educational purposes, and that the User will not share access to the Web site, Services, or other RBFF resources with any person or entity engaged in such activities. Specifically, the User agrees not to use the Web site or any materials provided by RBFF to participate in or intervene in any political campaign in support of or in opposition to any federal, state, or local candidate for office, or to engage in any partisan political activities.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, co-branders, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Content you post or share on or through the Site, your use of the Service or the Site, your conduct in connection with the Service or the Site or with other users of the Service or the Site, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
The views and conclusions contained in this Site are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of the U.S. Government. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute their endorsement by the U.S. Government.
GOVERNING LAW; VENUE, JURISDICTION; DISPUTES, RELIEF, ATTORNEYS' FEES
THE COMPANY AND YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT EITHER OF US MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PART CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHER, THE COMPANY AND YOU HERETO CERTIFY THAT NO REPRESENTATIVE OR AGENT OF THE OTHER HAS REPRESENTED, EXPRESSLY OR OTHERWISE, THAT IT WOULD NOT IN THE EVENT OF SUCH LITIGATION, SEEK TO ENFORCE THIS WAIVER OF RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL PROVISION.
THE COMPANY AND YOU EACH ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS SECTION IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE OTHER PARTY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT. THE COMPANY AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
DEFINITIONS AND CONSTRUCTIONS
Unless otherwise specified, the terms "includes", "including", "e.g.,", "for example", and other similar terms are deemed to include the term "without limitation" immediately thereafter. Terms used in these Terms with the initial letter(s) capitalized will have the meaning attributed to them in these Terms. The section titles are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
INTEGRATION, NOTICES, WAIVER, SEVERABILITY
When you visit or use this Site or Service and send e-mails to us through this Site or another provider, you are communicating with us electronically and thus consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site or linking to such notices. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Questions or suggestions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.